Sunday, October 14, 2007

What is a “Moving Goalpost”?

When I first phrased it, I thought of it in terms of our “Changing Priorities”; individually, socially, culturally and economically.

But I had never thought of so many dimensions that this phrase has until I heard it from one of my friends.

i) "Vidhiya Ata": Things belonging to the natural rhythm and beyond our control.

ii) "Maya": Things beyond our understanding.

iii) “Asthirata”: Uncertainty

iv)"Chanchalata": Indecisiveness about the goal.

v) "Diganta": The horizon; we can never reach it, yet it directs us.

vi)"Maya Mruga": Allurement towards something not real.

Thank you Pranesh for giving my blog so many dimensions. :-)

In a broad sense, they together mean ‘the all pervading change’. They mean going beyond all that which looks certain, decisive and inevitable; a positive chaos that leads us to new ideas and thought streams.

1 comment:

  1. When you have used all Bharatiya(Indian) terms for interpreting, why leave "Horizon"? The term "Diganta" can be used for that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment.
Abusive or anonymous posts are most likely to be ignored.